2. "Zenciler Küçük Siyah Sambo'yu sevmiyorlar, yak gitsin. Beyazlar Tom Amca'nın Kulübesi'yle ilgili iyi şeyler hissetmezler, yak gitsin. Birisi çıkmış tütün ve akciğer kanseri hakkında bir kitap yazmış. Sigaracılar ağlıyor mu? Yak kitabı. Sükunet, Montag. Huzur, Montag"
- Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451
4. "Yakety Yak. The Coasters. 1958 Spark Records. One minute and fifty seconds of sublime, in-your-face, balls-out nonsense. Everything rock and roll was meant to be."
- Quote by Tristan Egolf
5. "My clarinet sounded like an apoplectic yak. For the brief days I blew the trumpet, a hostile-sounding pig snorted along in jerky fits and starts with the rest of the irritated band."
- Karen Marie Moning, Burned
6. "Maybe they’d be interested in joining our bridge club. The last bridge my parents had anything to do with involved the Gansu Province, dynamite, and a really ticked-off yak, but I just smiled and said, Thanks."
- Ally Carter, I'd Tell You I Love You
7. "Frank spoke in a slightly rapturous tone. I was in Tibet, meditating with a group of very old, very psychically powerful monks. All we’d had to eat or drink for days was yak butter tea. Was"
- Richard Kadrey, The Everything Box
9. "If they'd been dogs, they would have all been in the yard eating grass and trying to yak up whatever was making them feel so lousy. Not a bone gnawed, not a ball chased-all tails went unwagged. Oh, life is a fast cat, a short leash, a flea in that place where you just can't scratch."
- Christopher Moore, The Lust Lizard of Melancholy Cove
10. "While anonymity can be used to protect heroes, it is far more commonly used as a way to escape responsibility. That’s why most of the brutal harassment on Twitter, Yik Yak, Reddit, and other sites is delivered anonymously. A lack of responsibility unleashes the worst in us."
- Kevin Kelly, The Inevitable: Understanding the 12 Technological Forces That Will Shape Our Future