1. "Krakow the city of Kings, was no longer mine. I had become a foreigner in the place i had always called home"
- Quote by Pam Jenoff
2. "I don't. We each have free will. There may be higher purpose, but the actual path each of us takes to get there, and whether we choose to accept it at all, is up to us." She turns to me. "If you can't let go of that fear of making the wrong decision, you will never be able to take the chances you must take to live life fully."
- Pam Jenoff, The Ambassador's Daughter
4. "Anna is something wrong " he asked his brow furrowed. Yes I want to say. You ran a prison camp for Jews. You keep my parents locked in the ghetto. You let your wife's father be killed and would kill Jacob too if given the chance. Your wretched Gestapo came to our house and now Lukasz might have to leave us. Let me count the ways. Of course I did not dare to say any of this. "No Herr Kommandant " I replied managing to keep my voice even. "Everything is fine."
- Pam Jenoff, The Kommandant's Girl
9. "sounds Scandinavian, vaguely exotic—perfect for the circus. Astrid Sorrell. His eyebrows rise. Wasn’t that your husband’s surname? For a second, I falter, surprised that he had known. Then I nod. Erich had taken everything from me but that. He would never know. Plus, I"
- Pam Jenoff, The Orphan's Tale: A Novel