17. "I’d like to see one of those classroom cops stay objective when they find a kid’s blood splattered all over the sidewalk in front of her own house. It never gets any easier, does it? I don’t think it’s supposed to, Walker said. If we get used to it, we’re as bad as they are."
- Sherryl Woods, About That Man
18. "We have the here and now, Ryan said. In the end, that’s all any of us have. The past is over, if not forgotten, and hating’s a waste of time and energy. The future’s out there, and the way it goes depends on what we do today. Maggie taught me that."
- Sherryl Woods, The Devaney Brothers: Michael and Patrick: Michael's Discovery\Patrick's Destiny
19. "Woods brings a deft touch to untangling very complicated family ties! The moment Amanda defied her rich and powerful father to marry Bobby O’Leary, Big Max disowned her. Even now, with Bobby dead and Amanda mired in debt, he refuses to forgive her. But Caleb, the new man in Amanda’s life, is determined to mend fences between"
- Sherryl Woods, Waking Up In Charleston