1. "Parents took honor from a daughter who was a teacher."
- John Steinbeck, East of Eden
2. "Every woman needs a daughter to tell her stories to."
- Quote by Karen White
3. "A son is a son 'til he gets a wife, but a daughter is a daughter all her life."
- Emily Giffin, Love the One You're With
4. "A son is a son until he takes a wife; a daughter is a daughter all of your life."
- Lee Gutkind, At the End of Life: True Stories About How We Die
5. "She told herself a story about a daughter in a family so hungry for a daughter that it would have eaten her alive if she hadn't run away."
- Jonathan Franzen, The Corrections
6. "My mother used to say that a son is a son until he gets married—then he’s a husband—but a daughter is a daughter for life."
- Sylvia Day, Captivated by You
7. "If a mother was Sacrifice personified, then a daughter was Guilt, with no possibility of redress."
- Milan Kundera, The Unbearable Lightness of Being
8. "Just like that, with one phone call, she was a daughter again."
- Sarah Dessen, Someone Like You
9. "A daughter will follow in her mom’s footsteps so make sure to set a good example."
- Quote by Elizabeth George
10. "RELIGION, n. A daughter of Hope and Fear, explaining to Ignorance the nature of the Unknowable."
- Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary