6. "a divine emissary—a term so powerful that to another religious Judaean, it might as well be the same person wearing a different skin. An ambassador with divine implications."
- Janette Oke, The Centurion's Wife
7. "An ambassador is a person who having failed to secure an office from the people is given an office by the Administration on condition that he leave the country."
- Quote by Ambrose Bierce
8. "Talk like an ambassador (Eph 4:29-30). 1)Consider the person ("only what is helpful for building others up") 2) Consider the problem ("according to their needs") 3) Consider the process ("that it may benefit those who listen")"
- Quote by Timothy S. Lane
9. "They tell us that the rules of power and the rules of war are the same, the art is to deceive; and you will deceive, and be deceived in your turn, whether you are an ambassador or a suitor."
- Hilary Mantel, Bring Up the Bodies: The Conclusion to PBS Masterpiece's Wolf Hall
10. "Imagine if you were asked by your country to be an ambassador to an enemy nation. You would probably have to learn a new language and adapt to some customs and cultural differences in order to be polite and accomplish your mission. As an ambassador you would not be able to isolate yourself from the enemy. To fulfill your mission, you would have to have contact and relate to them."
- Rick Warren, What on Earth Am I Here For? Purpose Driven Life