3. "That sorceress might be an evil, but she is my evil bitch. And I'll have no other"
- Quote by Kresley Cole
4. "I never deal in transformations, for they are not honest, and no respectable sorceress likes to make things appear to be what they are not."
- Quote by L. Frank Baum
6. "If a sorceress wanted a man who would stay faithful even when bespelled and accosted by nymphs, then she had to support that man even when he believed he could rehab his douchelord brother."
- Kresley Cole, Dark Skye
7. "You are welcome, most noble Sorceress, to the land of the Munchkins. We are so grateful to you for having killed the Wicked Witch of the East, and for setting our people free from bondage."
- L. Frank Baum, The Wonderful Wizard of Oz
8. "...she has been bewitched by a wicked sorceress, and will not regain her beauty until she is my wife.' 'Does she say so? Well if you believe that you may drink cold water and think it bacon'."
- Andrew Lang, The Red Fairy Book
9. "Stop staring at me this instant!" the sorceress shouted at Geralt. She writhed like a snake in her bonds in a vain attempt to conceal her naked charms. Geralt obediently diverted his eyes. Dandelion didn't."
- Andrzej Sapkowski, Miecz przeznaczenia
10. "This Lady Pauline, he began, she must be a fearful person. She sounds like a terrible sorceress. His face was deadpan, but Will sensed the underlying amusement and replied in kind. She’s very slim and beautiful. But she has amazing power. Some time ago, she persuaded Halt to have a haircut for their wedding. Malcolm, who had noticed Halt’s decidedly slapdash hair styling, raised his eyebrows. A sorceress indeed."
- John Flanagan, Halt's Peril