Keyboard: Off Language: English
1. "Life has vanquished death and even the furniture celebrates."
Quote by Salman Rushdie
2. "In this realm, evil has vanquished love. - Alítheia"
Jennifer Donnelly, Sea Spell
3. "Victory carries a moral burden the vanquished never know,"
Scott Anderson, Lawrence in Arabia: War
4. "She was vanquished, undone, and humiliated that she had moaned."
Pauline Réage, Story of O: A Novel
5. "What good to conquer an enemy in battle, only to be vanquished by hunger or cold?"
Dan Millman, The Journeys of Socrates
6. "worries were almost physical beings, leechy creatures with latchhooks for fingers, meant to be vanquished immediately."
Gillian Flynn, Dark Places
7. "Victory loses its meaning without the memory of what you've vanquished."
Alastair Reynolds, Chasm City
8. "Into your hands at last I have come vanquished." She obeyed. "Where I know that I must die,"
Gabriel García Márquez, No One Writes to the Colonel and Other Stories
9. "The study of beauty is a duel in which the artist cries out in terror before being vanquished."
Charles Baudelaire, Twenty Prose Poems
10. "He knew evil could never be vanquished. It just moved from one place to another and waited."
Michael Connelly, The Narrows